Skimono Beauty Masks - 18th December 2021
How to care for your skin during the busy festive period
Our guide to a post-Christmas skin detox.
Christmas might once again be a little different this year but if you have been indulging in festivities with late nights, drinking, social butterflying and all the party food, this might set your microbiome (the layer above you skin) off kilter causing skin sensitivity, irritation or break-outs. Considering we know a thing or two about skincare, we’d like to impart some wisdoms on how to combat tricky skin so that you are looking glowing for the big day and beyond.
1. This has to be number 1 above all! HYDRATION, HYDRATION, HYDRATION.
By drinking water and effectively staying hydrated from the inside out, your body is able to allow water to stay within your capillary blood flow and so not drawing it from the skin. A healthy amount to drink would be 2 litres per day, but if you are consuming more alcohol and salty food, your body may require more – if you feel thirsty, keep drinking H20.
2. A good night’s sleep.
What does that mean exactly? Going out to parties and social events often means less sleep, but the optimal amount is between 7-9 uninterrupted hours and the reason why you need it is because whilst you sleep, your body regenerates collagen, which gives your skin a plumper, tighter appearance. Puffy eyes often appear when you’ve had less sleep too, so finding some time for some zzzz’s will certainly help to eradicate them.
3. A skincare routine that WORKS. Selecting a skincare brand that combines impactful natural ingredients, as well as scientifically proven and researched materials will undoubtedly bring you the results you need. The Skimono range does just that and we’ve got skincare masks that solve all the problems associated with the Christmas festivity period, providing you with nourished skin:
• Our Advanced Moisturiation+ Face Mask has a powerhouse of hydrating ingredients to replenish essential moisture back into the skin.
• Our Anti-Ageing+ Face Mask has that all-important collagen infused into the mask, bringing plump skin back which is often lost with lack of sleep.
• Relax with our Radiance 4C Eye Masks which contain brightening and plumping Vitamin C, as well as collagen to reduce puffy eyes and relieve tiredness.